RoyalBrothers Rider Agreement
This agreement is between Royal Bison Auto Rentals India Pvt Ltd (Team RoyalBrothers), Bengaluru, India and the rider member who hires Royal Enfield Motorcycles from the former entity. This agreement dictates and governs all the regulations, rights, terms and conditions that co-exist between RoyalBrothers and the rider member.
It is understood that the rider member agrees to all the terms and conditions laid out by this agreement when he/she hires a motorcycle or avails any other service from RoyalBrothers. If in any case, a rider member does not agree to any of the terms and conditions of this agreement, then such a person cannot avail the services of Royal Brothers or hire any Motorcycles from RB.
Royal Brothers entirely reserves the right to modify or change the terms /regulations of this policy periodically owing to changes in the environment, which will be reflected on our website in the registration and booking pages or communicated to our members through emails as and when the changes occur. Please note that during any such changes in the policy, the modified regulations come into effect as soon as the changes are reflected in our agreement on our website or from the date the agreement specifies the “with effect from” clause.
In any case, if and when a rider member books and hires a motorcycle from Royal Brothers, it is assumed that the member has fully read and agreed to the latest (modified if any) terms and conditions of the agreement. It is the duty of the rider member to read and understand the terms and conditions of the agreement as and when they are modified/changed (if any) before booking a motorcycle every time. Royal Brothers will not be responsible if the rider member does not take note of the changes in the agreement. Royal Brothers will take every effort to make sure such changes are reflected in key visual areas of interaction between itself and the rider member.
In case of a dispute between this agreement and any document, deed or any other contract, the terms specified by this agreement shall prevail unless and otherwise authorized by Royal Brothers itself.
Eligibility criteria for hiring and riding motorcycles from RoyalBrothers.
- Only the rider members registered with RoyalBrothers who are active in their transactions are authorized to hire and ride our motorcycles at all times.
- Transfer of bookings is not possible through RoyalBrothers online system. If at all a non- member rides the motorcycle which has been booked under a different name, the liability still lies on the member under whose name the booking has been done initially.
- It is not sufficient to be just an eligible rider in order to ride RB motorcycles. Being a rider member, his/her transaction history and profile cleanliness with RB is vital in deciding whether the rider can hire our bikes or not. If a rider member has a bad history with laws of this country or state, be it traffic norms or any other, then RB can terminate his/hers membership without any notice.
- If the driver’s license of any active rider member of RB expires or is cancelled due to any reason, it is the duty of that member to notify RB through a written electronic medium. In such an event, the membership stands cancelled until the matter is resolved.
- RoyalBrothers strives to keep the riding records of its members clean and for this reason can verify the riding records of all its rider members and obtain all history from the concerned authorities. The members authorize RB to obtain such information on them as soon as they register to become a rider member of RB and also periodically, if need be.
- Any changes in the phone numbers, addresses, email addresses and other account related changes of the rider member has to be communicated to RB as soon as these changes take effect. The liability of such information flow lies entirely with the member.
- All confidential information like passwords, keys etc. pertaining to the RB account of the member is the sole responsibility of the member himself and Royal Brothers will not be held accountable in any case where such private information might be stolen or misused by any non-member of RB. It is always better to change your passwords from time to time and keep it strictly confidential as it might be misused by anti-social elements.
Purposes for which usage of RB motorcycles are strictly prohibited
- Races of any type or speed contests or competitions.
- Any or all type of stunts causing danger to yourself or to the pillion or fellow travellers/public.
- Riding without safety helmets and necessary safety gear.
- Riding with more than one person as pillion.
- Commercial usage of any type deriving financial benefits.
- To carry out any type of anti-social acts or crimes or illegal acts.
- To pull or tow any other two wheeler for any purpose.
- To be rode by an individual under the influence of alcohol/drugs or any other conscious reducing item.
- Uncommon usage, irresponsible riding methods, over stressing and mishandling the motorcycles causing excessive wear of the vehicle parts and undue damage.
- Usage by member individuals who have provided incorrect information to RoyalBrothers or whose credentials have been found to be untrue by RoyalBrothers.
- Riding while using any type of electronic gadgets by the rider himself or the pillion causing distraction and loss of concentration of the rider.
- Engage in illegal/uncommon acts while using our motorcycles.
- Using our vehicles to carry unlawful/dangerous/hazardous material.
- Attaching any external structures to our motorcycles causing damage to the vehicle or other vehicles/human beings/animals coming in contact with it
- Using fuel other than the prescribed quality or nature causing internal damage to the engine components.
- Attempting to steal/replace any part of the motorcycle in the name of repairs.
- Tampering the parts and their assembly from the usual setting and changing lubrication oil without the permission of RoyalBrothers.
These forbidden acts listed above are not comprehensive in nature and any other activities not mentioned here that may prove to be detrimental to the motorcycles or the reputation of RoyalBrothers will be considered as illegal and action will be initiated against such members. The membership and bookings of such riders will be revoked immediately.
Booking and hiring of Motorcycles
- Booking of motorcycles well in advance is insisted by Royal Brothers and the entire amount payable will be processed at the completion stage of the booking.
- Any cancellations of the booking has to be done before the ride time starts and the charges that can be levied are mentioned as hereunder:
- Before 24 hours* – no charges
Between 24 hours and 12 hours*– 50% of booking amount
within 12 hours* – 100% of booking amount
* with respect to ride time
- Extension of ride time can be accommodated provided the same motorcycle is not reserved by any other rider member for the same duration you need the extension and your request reaches Royal Brothers much prior to the end time of your present ride duration. In certain circumstances, an additional charge for extending the booking may be levied. Similarly, if a member wishes to shorten his booking for some reason, an additional charge for trip shortening may be charged by RB.
Pickup and dropping off motorcycles
- The rider member has to pick up the designated motorcycle from the location that is specified in his booking order and at no other parking point. Similarly, the rider member has to drop off the motorcycle in the same working condition as before at the same location he picked the motorcycle from and at no other location in time before his booked ride time ends.
- The rider members are strongly advised to inspect the motorcycle before riding them off from the pick-up location for any visible, marked discrepancy or damage or flaw found on/in the motorcycle. Failure to report such a significant change will attract penalisation towards the rider from RoyalBrothers as a causer of that damage and the rider member has to bear all the additional charges pertaining to that damage.
- Any type of damage that may happen to the motorcycle during the ride should be intimated to the RoyalBrothers executive when the member drops off the vehicle, which will be much appreciated by RB. However, a thorough inspection of every returned vehicle will be carried out by our crew and if there are any damages found on the vehicle, the same will be informed to the member, for which a suitable amount will be deducted from the member’s security deposit. If our crew fail to identify/locate the damage in the presence of the member and if they do so at a later time, then still the charges payable will reflect member’s account.
- The end of a ride is marked by an intimation to Royal Brothers either through RB app or an SMS to the number provided to the rider.
- The keys has to be returned to the RB executive as soon as the vehicle is parked back at the drop off location. Failure to do so will attract delay charges for every hour of delay till the keys are returned safely in the hands of our executive.
- The absence of any tool/ component which are usually placed in the tool box will result in the rider member paying the equivalent costs to Royal Brothers.
- The rider members are advised to inform RB on any type of abnormality in riding comfort, conditions, manoeuvrability, excess vibrations, uneasiness etc. as soon as they experience it. This is to prevent the usage of such vehicles by other members before they are rectified as some of these symptoms can lead to serious consequences.
Vehicle Theft/damage by third parties
- If a Royal Brothers motorcycle is stolen during your trip, then you have to immediately inform the local authorities as well as RB without any delay. A formal FIR shall be filed in the local Police Station, the proceedings of which will be assisted and monitored by Royal Brothers. The rider member’s information is very vital in such a scenario and we strongly advice the member to be very accurate and true in the information he provides as any deviation in this regard will lead to complications not only in legal matters but also in the insurance dealings. Any such situation should occur, the rider member will be held completely responsible for the vehicle in question.
- If the rider is involved in a situation where a third party accidently/purposefully causes damage to the motorcycle, then the rider has to follow a legal documentation procedure involving a police complaint and all the required information. Royal Brothers will again be at your service, providing you all the assistance required.
- The rider member and the pillion (if any) should wear ISI marked safety helmets at all times. Royal Brothers strictly insists on safety being the utmost priority and there can be no compromise in this regard. If it is found that any rider member is riding Royal Brothers Motorcycles without safety gears, then his membership may be suspended or even terminated for life.
- No stunts or uncommon riding methods are allowed on Royal Brothers Motorcycles and any such violations will lead to immediate termination of membership.
Mechanical failure/breakdown/cleanliness/maintenance during the ride
Though Royal Brothers ensures top rate maintenance of all the motorcycles in its stables, these vehicles are susceptible to breakdown once in a while owing to many uncontrollable situations. The following points are to be kept in mind regarding maintenance, cleanliness and breakdowns:
- Royal Brothers has an exclusive network of specialist Royal Enfield Mechanics which we have located strategically owing to the various outstation destinations. In case of a breakdown, Royal Brothers will immediately put the rider member in contact with the closest RB associated mechanic who will repair or rectify the fault so that you can get on with your ride as soon as possible. All you need is to contact us immediately.
- We keep our motorcycles at Royal Brothers neat and shining. Hence, we expect our customers to maintain minimum level of cleanliness. Royal Brothers may charge a small amount if the motorcycles seem far too dirty.
- As a responsible rider member of Royal Brothers, you need to be aware of all the traffic/riding norms and should never break any law while you ride or when you park the vehicle. Royal Brothers allows only legal and safe drivers to rent motorcycles from them.
- If there is any violation of a traffic/parking rule such as, over speeding, jumping a signal, riding with two pillions, riding without a helmet, parking illegally etc., the member has to pay all the fines/penalties as Royal Brothers has no liability whatsoever in this matter.
Usage of member information/privacy
- Royal Brothers respects privacy of its rider members and assures to safeguard only certain sensitive personal information pertaining to its members in accordance with the law.
- However, other personal information of the riders can be used by Royal Brothers in order to extend or obtain third party services. Such information may also be shared with relevant government agencies if asked to furnish any data.
- In order to avoid theft of our motorcycles, we obtain the location of each and every motorcycle that is in the field. Please note that his information is not obtained by Royal Brothers to monitor your movements and may be given to Government agencies like the Police Department and to private entities such as the Insurance Companies.
- Royal Brothers may also collect non-personal information such as your IP addresses, number of visits to the sites, time spent on our websites etc. to other third party agencies for the mutual benefit of Royal Brothers and such agencies.
- The visitors or members to Royal Brothers web page may also find links to other websites advertising their own service or products. Royal Brothers cannot be held responsible for any personal information being used by these websites.
- Though Royal Brothers takes utmost care in safeguarding the members personal information, we cannot be held completely responsible if any member information leaks or is compromised due to security reasons.
- In case of a legal dispute or conflict, only the courts of Bengaluru City, Karnataka shall have sole and absolute jurisdiction in all matters initiated before the court of law, emerging due to any disagreements or conflicts between the rider member and Royal Brothers and the services rendered by it.
- Royal Brothers has the right to extract minimum fee towards legal counsel in any situation wherein Royal Brothers is one of the parties in a legal battle.
- In times of such legal conflicts, Royal Brothers insists the loyalty of the rider member in the matters relating to the case and expects the rider member to move in accordance with the guidelines/terms given by Royal Brothers and the member should not in any way act in the manner proving detrimental to Royal Brothers.
Agreement Waiver Policy
Royal Brothers follows the no waiver policy pertaining to this agreement. Henceforth, the rider member cannot assume or consider that any part of this agreement is waived off under any circumstance unless and until Royal Brothers themselves decide to waive of one or many terms of this agreement.
The rights a Royal Brothers rider member enjoys is very exclusive and specific to himself and under no circumstance shall these rights be transferred to any other non-member individual. In such a situation, all the terms of this agreement shall be termed null and void.
No member shall behave or propagate as being an agent or an employee of Royal Brothers as RB strictly follows a no agent policy.
The policies, terms and conditions of this agreement can be revised without any prior notice to the members. Royal Brothers reserves all the rights to do any modifications or changes to any part or to the entire document. It is the duty of the rider member to take note of any such changes in the agreement terms and conditions.
Cookies are generally small text files, defined ID tags which are stored on your PC’s browser directory or data sub folders. A cookie is created when you use a web browser to visit a website that utilizes cookies to keep track of your movements within the site, later helping you start off from where you left previously. It helps you remember your registered login, preferences and other such information. Royal Brothers will store a file corresponding to your tag so that your movements and the saved information that you have given to Royal Brothers are with us which helps Royal Brothers to remember your preferences.
Royal Bison Auto Rentals India Pvt Ltd (Brand name-Royal Brothers) Policies
Effective payable hours
We at RB charge the rentals on an hourly basis and the rates per hour are bound to change owing to weekends/public holidays/peak seasons etc. Please check the tariff details on our page for more information. A minimum billing of 12 hours is mandatory on any bike you hire from us. That means, though you rent our bikes for an hour’s time, you will have to pay for 12 hours’ time. Please see below for more clarity on our differential billing method.
|Ride Starts||Ride Ends||Payable Time in hrs.||Remarks|
|Tuesday 1 PM||Tuesday 3PM||6||Weekday* rates are applicable|
|Wed 7 AM||Thur 7 am||24||Weekday rates are applicable|
|Thur 8PM||Fri 10 PM||26||Weekday rates for 4 hours of Thursday + Weekend** rates for 22 hours of Friday|
|Fri 7 AM||Sun 7AM||48||Weekend rates are applicable|
Weekday* - Monday 12 AM to Thursday 12 PM
Weekend**- Friday 12 AM to Sunday 12 PM
Free Ride Kms
When you book a bike from RB, you will get certain free kilometres ride free which will vary on the booking duration ( higher the booking duration, more free kilometres). If the total kilometres you ride in a day exceeds these free kilometres, a specified rate per kilometre has to be paid for every kilometre thereafter. For example, if you book a RE Classic 350 for one day, the basic rental tariff amounts to Rs 984 (which may vary from time to time) and you will get 240 Kms as free kilometres cap(not including fuel). A nominal charge of Rs 3 (which may vary from time to time) will be made for every Kilometre you ride after 240 Kms. This is in addition to the basic rental tariff.
Penalty for parking the bike in the wrong location:
As per the norms laid by Traffic police authority and in addition membership of such member will be terminated by RB without any prior information.
Penalty for violating traffic/parking rules:
RB strictly insists the rider members wear a ISI certified safety helmet at all times. Not adhering to it will draw an additional penalty from RB in addition to the penalty you pay for the traffic department for not wearing a helmet.
Member is not supposed to cross a top speed of 100 Kmph for Royal Enfield Motorcycles, 90 Kmph for other motorcycles and 70 Kmph for scooters. Doing so will result in a penalty of INR.500 and the membership will be terminated if it happens for more than 2 times.
Rider liability Policy:
Once you ride out our bikes from our stables, you and only you are solely responsible for the safety of your own life and that of the pillion rider’s (if any). The safety of the vehicle too lies entirely on the rider member. We will make sure that the bikes are faultless and are with no technical issues whatsoever. If you were to violate any form of traffic rules or RB Policy regulations, then the person under whose name the bike is rented out is held wholly responsible. Major violations of rules generally observed are riding under the influence of alcohol, exceeding the speed limits, riding without a helmet, dangerous stunts causing harassment to fellow travellers etc. Please note that RB is strictly against any such violations and we always insist you ride with an ISI certified helmet on at all times. Any damages, losses, fines and penalties derived from such actions are your responsibility and RB does not in any form or level be a party to you or vouch for you. You should also note that such actions will nullify the insurance benefits as well.
- Payments are to be made strictly through credit/debit cards/online money transfer only. We do not accept cash as a mode of payment.
- The rider has to make sure that the balance in his account is adequate enough to accommodate full payment to RB. Any credit card charges and/or other miscellaneous charges if any are to be borne by the rider himself.
- If by any chance a rider member fails to make a payment that is due towards RB and tries to default, then RB may charge additional interests/charges for such delays/faults. RB may also extract payments from the defaulters through third party entities and RB may also initiate legal actions under the provisions of the law.
- RB reserves the right to terminate a booking depending on the circumstances. All payments need to be done in full prior to the ride start, which will be confirmed and authorised through a detailed invoice by RB sent through e-mail or/and SMS.
RB Policy on Accident or any such event
- In case of an accident or collision, the rider members are accountable to pay a standard amount towards the accident insurance not exceeding Rs.30,000 (which may vary depending on the severity of the damage). The members are bound to pay for the repairs incurred due to damages caused by the collision/accident, which will be deducted from the amount paid as the security deposit (if the repair costs are less than the value of the deposit). If the damage caused arrives at an amount greater than the security deposit itself, then additional charges have to be borne by the member for those damages. In any case, the charges will not exceed Rs 50,000.
- In the event of a collision, either due to the fault of the rider himself or due to any other unavoidable instance, the costs involved in towing or confiscation of RB bikes are to be borne by the members alone.
- Any charges or costs amounting due to the failure of the member complying with the laws and/or RB policies shall be entirely borne by the member alone irrespective of the amount payable(The member will be liable for 100% of the entire vehicle damage bill in the event that the vehicle workshop and/or insurance company deem the damage to be consequential in nature (this will be clearly stated in the accident report). Consequential damage occurs when the member continues riding even after an external vehicle impact, thereby severely undermining the condition of the vehicle).
- Inactive hours during the breakdown period shall be charged to the rider member same as normal hourly tariff charges for that particular vehicle.
- In most of the government/private maintained state/national highways, they do not charge toll fee for motorcycles. However, if there are any exceptions to this, the rider member has to pay the toll charge involved.
- RB bikes can be rode anywhere in India as we have the required Permit issued from the government.
- If any taxes are to be paid before entering a state, the rider himself has to bear the involved cost.
By starting a membership with RB, you agree to all the clauses listed in the agreement and thus by doing so, you agree to pay all the necessary charges or expenses mentioned in the policy which not only includes the total charges payable for bikes rented but also may involve additional charges which will be notified later, specific in nature, if any, as the listed expenditures here is not comprehensive. Royal Brothers entirely reserves the right to modify or change the terms /regulations of this policy periodically owing to changes in the environment, which will be reflected on our website in the registration and booking pages or communicated to our members through emails as and when the changes occur. Please note that during any such changes in the policy, the modified regulations come into effect as soon as the changes are reflected in our agreement on our website or from the date the agreement specifies the “with effect from” clause.